We have had a bit of a break with the bricklaying due to the weather. In some ways it was a bit of a blessing, giving everyone a much needed break. The house felt cramped with 6 of us here for over a week, so to get our house back helped to get some sort of normalcy again.
This weekend though, Anthony’s Dad has come down to help further with the bricklaying. With 2 walls down and 3 more to go, they have started on the most exposed wall and have bricked around the corner. It was a good idea starting this way as the weather has been unpredictable. At least if it does rain, Anthony is able to continue finishing off the bricklaying under the shelter of the patio roof.
Now that we are close to lock up, we have to plan out tackling the next hurdle. Before we can render our house, we need to move 2 Windows. 1 window is a bedroom window and the other we want to upgrade our kitchen window while we can, to match the rest of the house (It is a thin brown window with no lock). We have decided that we will hire a builder to do this job as it could be a little too tricky for us.
When the windows are done, Anthony’s Dad will work on the electrical rough-in and so on and so on…