After a few weekends, Anthony finally completed bricking up and rendering the wall that held the old window overlooking our what once was, backyard.
It was Anthony’s first rendering job and although the finish isn’t perfect, he’s done a pretty good job. We’ve gone back with some multipurpose putty to cover up some of the dents. We’ll leave this over night and come back in the morning to sand and put in a final coat of paint.
The other job to do in the same room was to add the architrave to the new window. We sent ourselves to Bunnings on a Thursday night, there were so many options and also combinations. Looking to Houzz and Pinterest for some inspiration, I made a choice on combining the square and colonial face. We want to keep to that traditional look, but modernise it. As we angle cut each piece and nailed them in place, I didn’t think I’d feel so excited to see our windows framed. I’m loving how the Window looks and I’m sure you wouldn’t know that the old window was originally on the adjacent wall.
We have now booked in a renderer who will start next week, covering up all of the brick work. The rendering alone will be a noticeable change when it’s all done. The renderers estimate a 4-6 day turnaround.
Once complete we’ll be ordering in a rainwater tank, starting on the electrical rough-in, insulation and plastering to follow. Anthony still needs to brick up the other side of an internal wall and nail in the niches for all our 2 bathrooms.
Looks like every weekend from now until Christmas will surely be about the extension.