This weekend has been a full on one for just two of us working on the house. Saturday consisted of finishing off adding the villaboard to the wet areas. While the husband put the ceiling into the laundry room, I finished off putting the wall insulation in to the walls. Handling insulation is fairly easy, but it is a bit irritating to the skin. I also ensured I wore a mask so I wouldn’t be breathing in the small fibres. I didn’t realize that insulation is made of glass and formed into a woolen texture.
Anthony and I then finished of our ensuite by adding the ceiling, putting in the cavity slider unit and then adding the last of the villaboard to the cavity door wall.
After a full days work we headed out for dinner with Mum at the city buffet…a meal well deserved I think!
Sunday: We spent half the day doing clean up. Since a 4 tonne skip arrived on the Saturday, we focused on cleaning up the front of the house. We had a huge mound of dirt left over from when the rainwater tank was installed, not to mention all the random piles of construction mess we seem to be generating. Anthony also bought himself a Gerni (high pressure washer), so he took some “time out” to wash the car and make use of the rainwater tank water. Feels good that we are getting free water!
The rest of the day we continued inside the house, this time adding the gyprock to a few walls. It has been a lot easier to handle than that villaboard stuff! Much lighter but it is quite fragile, so we need to be a lot more careful with it. So far, 3 walls are now covered with plaster sheets. It’s really starting to become like a home out there…