So the plaster work continues in the wet areas this week. We have also booked in the waterproofer to start on Monday, so a set date has meant we are working most nights to get the wet areas prepped.
Anthony has really pushed himself hard for a couple of weeks now, cycling back and forth to work 24kms a day, working his full time job and then in the evenings resting for a quick dinner and then working on the house for a couple of hours. It is taking its toll and he’s exhausted – not to mention our 16 month old wakes in the middle of the night. Like this time last year, we are again on a very busy and tiresome schedule.
Despite how hard everyone has been working there is definitely progress! After a bit of puzzle solving, we finally figured out how to cornices in a mitre box. It took a few watches of some YouTube videos and some practice cuts, but we got there in the end. We used a mitre box to cut the 45 degree angles and it was just a case of measuring the lengths, cutting to size and sticking them up. A lot harder than I’ve explained it, but the pain points were figuring out how to cut the cornices; getting longer lengths in as they are awkward to handle; and getting the adhesive quickly as we only had 2-5 minutes to apply and stick it up over the joins. To handle the longer lengths of cornices, Anthony hammered in nails to provide support and we used a scaffold to be able to move along.
We now have our bathrooms cornice complete! For now we have left the laundry as we will be adding cupboards that will hit the ceiling.