We have tackled another weekend of plastering. As we have large 4.2m sheets of gyprock lying on the floor of our family room and a waterproofer booked in for Monday, we didn’t want to increase the risk of having him damage the gyprock, so the aim of this weekend was to not only get more plaster up, but also have a clear path for the waterproofer. We realised from past experiences, that there are some tradies that can be messy on site. They can do a great job but also leave a lot of rubbish behind.
On Saturday we spent the first part of the morning scraping back the top coat on our niches. This was kind of a boo boo on our part as we were told by builder friends that tile won’t adhere to top coat, we quickly realised how right they were when we wet the top coat and saw how easily it melted away. This job didn’t take too long thankfully.
We then did the usual: measure, score, snap and hang the gyprock. This time we focused on the master bedroom and completed 3 walls.
Sunday: There were about 6 sheets left that we needed to get through, so we started on the ceiling. Having the lifter has been a great help, but it hasn’t been without its struggles. The hardest part has been lifting long, awkward and wobbly sheets of gyprock onto the lifter. After a long day we installed 2 1/2 sheets on the ceiling and finished off front of the bathroom and laundry, we then decided to just cut the other sheets to size and store them in the bedroom.