As we approach March, we also approach the wetter months of Autumn. Unfortunately the rain kept us from continuing work on the shed and instead we worked away on the bathrooms. I was extremely moody and just not a nice person to work with. Renovating can definitely bring out the worst in you too as Anthony and I spent half of the day arguing over a shaving cabinet. But the shaving cabinet at the time represented a lot of other issues that we are now working through. There’s a lot of strain on us as we have worked every weekend on the house while still trying to run a household and work. I’m just really losing patience now as I feel like nothing is changing. What I have to realise, and as Anthony mentioned, we are at a finicky part of the process and changes aren’t as drastic as they are like when we put up large sheets of gyprock.
Arguments meant we ended up wasting our Saturday, but in a way, it was probably needed as it gave us a bit of a break and a chance to vent and rant.
When we got out acts together, we made a start on cutting up tile trims for the windows, but we quickly realised that the tile edges that were really messy weren’t going to be covered up. The solution was to cover the edges with thin MDF and then add an architrave.
I also had a go at using the Dremel tool to cut 45 degree angle joins on the retro fit tile trims. It took a few go’s and I slowly got the hang of it. I know the joins aren’t perfect, but I will use a mixture of white grout and silicon to cover up some of the gaps.
During the week we also finished off adding the penny round mosaic to the bath niche and grouting with the misty grey grout. We also picked up our towel rails and toilet roll holders from Tradelink.
Our bathrooms are still not completely finished and our bath hasn’t been installed yet. Have been pretty unhappy with our plumber as of late as he continues to avoid or avoids returning our calls. Even after his visit to check on the mistakes he still hadn’t fixed the issue with the bathtub and the tap fittings. The tap is still too close to the top of the tub. We now have holes in our herringbone tile that we have to fix, and because our plumber hadn’t fitted the taps in the right place, we have to wait yet again for him to return to get this done. Of course this will be on his time, which I can only guess he won’t keep his promise on yet again. Waiting on our plumber has really delayed completion of our bathroom and it is just adding more stress on us and more time sitting on a site that is looking virtually unchanged.