At the moment it feels like we are in limbo as we seem to have a never ending list of things to do before we officially say something is complete. I guess the finishing touches really do take the longest and for us it has almost been like 2 steps forward, 1 back.
So the bathrooms are still a work in progress. Custom glass shower screen came by to install one side of both bathroom shower screens. The glass looks great, but there was a strange shelf piece that we weren’t too happy about. After trying to figure out what they were and why they were needed, we decided that it was necessary to have them there for support. I was almost ready to call them up and complain seeing that we were never told that there would be some extra glass installed.
After several knock backs and absences from our plumber, he finally came by to take a look at the work that his sub contractors did. He was apologetic and stated he would fix the mess. The plumber did indeed come around again and made some fixes, but unfortunately not all of them. The issue with the tap fittings over the bath tub he relocated, but at the cost of a few herringbone tiles. Now we have to patch this up, re-waterproof, tile and then grout yet again before he can come back and finally install our tub properly. We initially thought that we would be taking baths instead of showers as we were waiting for the shower screens to be made and installed, but it’s actually the opposite.
We have attempted tiling the shower niche and added in the penny round mosaics. But we still have the bath niche and window sill to complete. We also need to get some retro fit tile trim angles to hide the joins. Not understanding the tile trims, we installed some plastic ones that were way too small, unfortunately they have set in place and now have to try to cut them out.
I also attempted to do the ensuite niche on my own. I will admit it’s not absolutely perfect, but for someone who has never done this before, I think it doesn’t look too bad. I was also trying to time it well as I got our 19 month old daughter to nap, whilst I went out the back to work on the niches.
Our Council required fire curtain (Vii Cabin) was also installed the other day. I didn’t really get to see how it was installed as I was at work, but it looks like part of the house and not the eye sore that we thought it was going to be.
With our shed, even this has been stalled somewhat. The weather last weekend was extremely hot and dubbed the highest on record at 41 deg C! This weekend we are set to have rain and thunderstorm! We just want to catch a break so we can get this shed up. Seeing that Anthony has to put the roof up, wet weather is not going to be ideal or safe. But that’s ok, plenty of other things to do round the house!
Last weekend Anthony managed to get a couple more walls up and the window in before the temperature really set in.